Carrot Oil for hair loss
Carrot oil for natural hair, Treatments with carrot oil for strong and healthy hair.While it’s better known for its skin benefits, the vitamins and minerals in carrots can also help you have strong and healthy hair.
Have you ever heard of the benefits of carrot oil treatments for your hair?
In general, your hair will grow about 1 centimeter every month. This growth is due to the nutrients that you get through your diet. The better and healthier your diet, the stronger your hair will be.
In the same way, you can strengthen your hair with nutrients through natural products with high concentrations of vitamins and minerals.
The benefits of carrots oil for your hair
Carrot for hair growth. We know that carrots are perfect for your health. Some of the benefits include:
- They contain vitamins C and E. These vitamins increase the blood circulation in your scalp, preventing premature gray hair.
- Carrots protect your scalp from external damage, such as pollution, the sun, the weather, etc.
- Hair loss is always accompanied by dry, dull, unkempt hair. Eating carrots makes your hair smooth and shiny.
- Thanks to the vitamin content (A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K), they strengthen your hair follicles and make your hair look better.
- Carrots are also recommended to help your hair grow faster. They do this thanks to their high content of potassium phosphate and vitamins. These stimulate the hair follicles and reduce hair loss.
- Besides the many benefits that carrots have for your hair, they are also perfect for your skin, your eyesight, and strengthening your immune system.
How to make carrot oil for hair
Treatment with carrot oil with coconut and honey
Benefits of carrot oil for hair. Because they are rich in vitamin E, carrots fight hair loss. Also, they make your hair shiny and healthy.
Coconut contains essential oils that make it perfect for fighting dandruff. It is also suitable for the stimulation of hair growth and to keep it hydrated. Finally, honey smoothes your hair.
- Two carrots
- ½ cup coconut oil (you can also use coconut milk or coconut cream if you don’t have this oil)
- One tablespoon of honey
- A sieve or cloth to filter the mixture.
- Wash the carrot, grated or cut into very fine pieces and then extract the juice.
- Mix the carrot juice with the coconut oil and honey.
- When you get a smooth paste, please put it in the cloth or sieve to separate the oil.
- Then take the carrot oil you get and apply it all over your hair, from the roots to the ends.
- Then put on a shower cap and let the oil soak in for half an hour.
- After thirty minutes, wash your hair as usual.
- For best results, repeat this treatment every 15 days.
Treatment with carrot, avocado, and egg
In addition to the root, this treatment consists of two other ingredients that help regenerate your hair.
The avocado profoundly hydrates your hair, and the egg also gives your hair nutrients and a light protective layer against external attacks.
- ½ cup of carrot juice
- a beaten egg (if you have oily hair, use only the egg white).
- One avocado
- One shower cap
- Mix the carrot juice and the egg in a container.
- Then cut open the avocado, remove the pulp and add it to the mixture.
- Beat it all together until you get a smooth paste. Then apply this mixture on your hair as if it were shampoo. Make sure to cover everything.
- Put your hair in a shower cap and then let the treatment do its work while you sleep. We recommend that you put a towel on your pillow before going to sleep, in case the shower cap slips off your head.
- Finally, wash your hair in the morning with plenty of cold water.
Treatment with carrot oil, beets, and a moisturizing cream
- One carrot
- One beet
- ½ cup of water
- One tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of moisturizing cream
- One strainer
- Wash and peel the carrot and beet.
- Then put the carrot, beet, water, and sugar in a blender and mix until you get more or less a smooth mixture. Strain the mixture and then pour it into a container with the moisturizer.
- Then mix it well.
- Before applying this mixture, first, wash your hair as usual.
- Then apply this carrot oil from the roots of your hair to the ends and massage it in gently.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it out with cold water.
Properties and benefits of carrot for hair
Surely you have heard on many occasions that the carrot is a food with a large number of nutrients, and therefore very beneficial for our health and the proper functioning of our body. This includes not only the inside of our body but also the external areas, such as the skin or hair.
The properties and benefits of carrot lie in its composition since it is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C. It contains a high percentage of beta-carotene and minerals such as potassium, in addition to being an essential source of antioxidants. All this supposes that this fantastic food provides good health to the hair. Thus, the properties and benefits of carrot for hair are.
- Prevents hair loss: especially at those times of the year, such as autumn and spring, when our hair suffers an increase in hair loss, it is highly recommended to nourish it properly, to try to minimize it. Vitamins A and C help combat this process.
- More durable and brighter: If your mane is damaged by weather agents, it appears drier and tends to break easily, it means that it is not well nourished. The vitamins and minerals provided by the carrot will help the hair to shine more and grow stronger, apart from gaining more flexibility and suffering fewer breaks in the tips.
- Stimulate hair growth: If you want your hair to grow at a slightly faster rate, you can turn to carrots, as vitamins increase blood circulation throughout the scalp, speed up the hair growth process, and get nutrients to the hair root better.
How to make a carrot hair mask step by step
For this food to nourish your hair, it is recommended that you include it in your diet regularly, but if you want it to act in a more specific way, we advise you to use a mask whose main ingredient is carrot. It is effortless to do, and it will be much cheaper since you can do it yourself at home. To make a carrot hair mask, you will need:
- One carrot
- One banana
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
The other two ingredients will enhance the effects of the carrot on your hair, as they provide in-depth nutrition, more hydration, and vitality.
Elaboration and treatment
- Peel and cut the carrot and banana into pieces and add half a tablespoon of honey.
- Use the blender to obtain a homogeneous mixture with a creamy texture, not liquid.
- Apply it, wet your hair, and spread it from roots to ends and hold it for 20 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair and shampoo it and rinse it off.
- We recommend that you use this mask once a week to achieve the desired effects.
Carrot oil to make hair masks
Another way to benefit from the properties of carrot for hair is to include it in all your masks. How can you do it? Add a few drops of carrot oil to all of them to add even more benefits. You can do it at home in a straightforward way. To do this, you only need:
- Three carrots
- Olive oil
Preparation and use
- Peel the carrots first and grate them.
- When you have them ready, take a saucepan, add the carrots and add the olive oil until it completely covers them.
- Let them simmer, between 65ºC and 90ºC, and when you notice that the oil has an orange or red color, you can remove the mixture from the heat.
- Strain it so that you only have the oil, which we recommend you keep in a glass jar.
- When it is cold, you can add it to all your masks.
- Alves-Silva J, et al. (2016). essential oil. DOI:
- Morita T, et al. (2003). Hypaprotective effect of myristicin from nutmeg (myristica fragrans)
- Sieniawksa E, et al. (2016). Carrot seed essential oil
- Carrot Oil for hair loss
- The benefits of carrots oil for your hair
- How to make carrot oil for hair
- Treatment with carrot oil with coconut and honey
- Treatment with carrot, avocado, and egg
- Treatment with carrot oil, beets, and a moisturizing cream
- Properties and benefits of carrot for hair
- How to make a carrot hair mask step by step
- Elaboration and treatment
- Carrot oil to make hair masks
- Preparation and use