Jehovah M Kaddesh
The meaning of this name is THE LORD WHO SANTIFIES.
- (Leviticus 20: 7-8) ” 7: Consecrate yourselves to me, and be holy, because I am the LORD your God. 8: Obey my statutes and put them to work. I am the LORD who sanctifies you.“
- Sanctification is essential for every follower of Jesus, and no one will see the Lord without holiness (Hebrews 12:14) ” Seek peace with all, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord “
- We are sanctified by the Spirit (Romans 15: 15,16) ” 15: However, I have written very frankly on some matters, as to refresh their memory. I have dared to do so because of the grace God gave me 16: to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. I have a priestly duty to proclaim the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles become an acceptable offering to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit “ and by Jesus (Hebrews 13: 12) ” That is why Jesus too, to sanctify the people through his blood, suffered outside the city gate.“
What is holiness? Section for God (1 Corinthians 6: 9-11) ” 9: Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be fooled! Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, neither the se-xual perverts, 10: neither the thieves, nor the misers, nor the drunkards, nor the slanderers, nor the scammers will inherit the kingdom of God 11: And that was some of you, but they have already been washed, they have already been sanctified, they have already been justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. “
- The Greek word used is HAGIASMOS and means: pure, consecrated, separated.
- Sanctification IS NOT A CHANGE OF EXTERNAL APPEARANCES; BUT AN INTERNAL CHANGE. (Matthew 23: 25-28) ” 25: Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, hypocrites! They clean the outside of the vessel and the plate, inside they are full of robbery and debauchery. 26: Blind Pharisee! Clean first inside the glass and the dish, and so it will also be clean on the outside 27: Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, hypocrites, who are like whitewashed graves, on the outside they look beautiful on the inside they are full of dead and of rot. 28: So also you, on the outside, give the impression of being righteous, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and evil.“
- Holiness is the reflection of God in our lives and affects our behaviour.
- Sanctification is keeping Away FOR GOD. (1 Thessalonians 4: 7) ” God did not call us to impurity but holiness.“
Ingredients in sanctification
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: “obey His guidance” (Romans 8: 11-16) ” 11: And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through your Spirit, who lives in you.12: Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to live according to the sinful nature.13: For if you live according to it, you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the bad habits of the body, you will live. 14: for all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15:And, you did not receive a spirit that again enslaves you to fear, but the Spirit that adopts you like children and allows you to cry out: Abba! Father!. 16: The Spirit himself assures our Spirit that we are children of God.“
- THE WORD OF GOD: “ Meditate and act according to it ” (Ephesians 5: 25-27) ” 25: Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26: to make her holy. He purified it, washing it with water through the word, 27: to present it as a radiant church, without spot or wrinkle or any other imperfection, but holy and spotless.“
- THE FEAR OF THE LORD: “ Turn away and hate evil” (Proverbs 1: 7) ” The fear of the LORD is the principle of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and discipline “ A healthy fear of not displeasing God, reverence and respect.